JUMP – European Music Market Accelerator
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
The deadline to submit your applications was on Sunday the 7th of February 2021, 24:00 CET.
Thank you for applying!
Pre-selections: The first selection results will be known on 9 February 2021. A group of pre-selected candidates will be invited to send further information on their idea by 15 February 2021, 12:00 CET. Please kindly pencil it down in your agenda.
Final selection: The final selection results will be unveiled on the 1 March 2021. Please kindly note, that you will have four days to confirm your participation should you have been selected. If you do not respond within those four calendar days your spot will be offered to another applicant.
For any inquiry, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE JUMP PROGRAMME: How does it work?
By following our programme, you will receive all the necessary tools and information to develop your idea. We’ve got you covered!
- THE TUTORSHIP
Developing an idea, can be a lonely business and it’s easy to become overwhelmed by the number of steps and procedures required. Selected participants will be assigned to a tutor – an experienced professional, who will mentor you through the development of your idea and support you in its formation.
Our ten tutors for the 2021 fellowship are:
• Yvan Boudillet, FR – FOUNDER OF THE LYNK
• András Bozan Bodrogi, HU – NEW MEDIA CONSULTANT
• Celia Carrillo Castillo, ES – CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER, TICKETMASTER SPAIN
• Steven Farris, UK – MUSIC CONSULTANT
• Jwana Godinho, PT – FOUNDER AT IT’S ABOUT IMPACT / ENTERNTAINMENT EXPERT / MUSIC CONSULTANT FOR BRANDS
• Helienne Lindvall, SE – CHAIR OF THE SONGWRITER COMMITTEE & BOARD DIRECTOR THE IVORS ACADEMY (FORMERLY BASCA)
• Keren McKean, UK – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / EVENTS & MARKETING MANAGER
• Carina Sava, RO – FOUNDER AND ARTIST MANAGER AT WATERMELON AGENCY
• Terry Tyldesley, UK – CREATIVE TECHNOLOGIES PRODUCER & BOARD MEMBER RESONATE CO-OP
• Désirée J. Vach, DE – COUNTRY MANAGER GSA FOR INGROOVES MUSIC GROUP
>> Discover them all in Tutors Section
- THE TRAINING PROGRAMME
In tandem, you will strengthen your knowledge of the music industry and acquire a very useful overview of the business at a European level by attending the six festival and conventions of the JUMP network.
Online training programme – PHASE 1:
Music Business fundamentals by the School of Music Business London
- Wednesday 17 March 2021
– Introduction To The Music Industry
– Record Labels and A&R
- Wednesday 31 March 2021
– Distribution and Streaming Services
– Live Music, Merchandise & Tour Management
- Wednesday 14 April 2021
– Music Marketing – Principles & Branding
– Digital Marketing Strategy, Social Media & Brand Partnerships
- Wednesday 28 April 2021
– Music Publishing and Sync
– Artist Management
Festival and conventions:
- Athens Music Week, 21-23 June 2021 in Athens – Greece
- Un-Convention, 8-9 July 2021 in Manchester – UK
- MIL, 14-17 September in Lisbon – Portugal
- MaMA, 13-15 October 2021 in Paris – France
- Nouvelle Prague, 22-23 October 2021 in Prague – Czech Republic
- Linecheck, 23-25 November 2021 in Milan – Italy
During each event, a special JUMP syllabus has been carefully put into place to respond to the needs and challenges you may encounter while developing your idea. You will attend numerous panels, workshops and discussions covering an extensive range of topics.
WHAT IS IN FOR YOU
- Benefit from a unique framework to develop your idea
- Profit from the knowledge and expertise of experienced music industry professionals
- Become a full member of an international community of fellows
- Get the chance to network on a European level
- Discover the different European markets
- Receive the JUMP certificate of excellence after successful completion of the programme
- Be accredited for six festivals/conventions
- Have your travel and accommodation costs covered to all events of the JUMP network (should the conventions and festivals not take place due to the sanitary situation; an online programme will be offered instead).
- Being the head/manager/founder/initiator of the idea (please kindly note that only one person can apply, but that you can apply on behalf of a group, or company, or band)
- The call is directed at experienced music industry professional (artists-entrepreneurs, agents, booking agencies, festival organisers, artist managers, music distribution & sales companies, music supervisors, media, promoters, publishers, venue promoters, record labels, service providers related to the music business etc.) with at least 3 years of experience in the music industry
- The call is open to applicants from the 27 Member States and the UK
- Participants must be fluent in English
- All applicants should be above 18 with up to date travelling documents
- Potential of the idea
- How innovative your idea is
- Strategic vision or what you will do with the opportunity to join the JUMP programme as a fellow
- Fluent in English
In addition, JUMP – the European Music Market Accelerator will strive for:
- Gender balance (a strict 50/50 % rule will be applied)
- Geographical diversity
- Balance in terms of the applicants’ background
Online training programme – PHASE 2:
Coaching – putting the tools in place
- Beginning of May 2021 : Online Communication workshop
- Beginning of June 2021 : How to build and manage a team workshop
- End of June 2021 : Three workshops:
- How to make a budget
- How to finance a project
- The different sources of funding
- Beginning of July 2021 : How to draft a business plan workshop
- September 2021 : How to pitch workshop
The JUMP activities:
In addition to the conferences, panels and workshops you will attend during the conventions, we will make sure you get real life experience by organising a wide range of activities where you will be able to practice your networking, presentation and debating skills:
- THE JUMP CLUB – Get ready to mingle
Networking is an essential competence when building a project. You will participate in speedmeetings and cocktails where you will be able to meet all the key players of the industry (labels and live sector, media, investors, European networks etc.).
- THE JUMP SHOWROOM – Present and test your idea
We believe it is important for you to present your idea in front of a jury composed of professionals, who will confront you and ask the correct questions to bring your idea to the next level. Several pitch-sessions at different stages of development of your idea are foreseen.
- THE JUMP WORKSHOPS – Peer-learning and exchange
By joining the JUMP programme, you will become a full member of the JUMP community. Meet your fourteen fellow participants and exchange on the progress of your respective ideas and brainstorm on new models. This will make you grow and network all at once.
WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM YOU
First and foremost, we are looking for extremely motivated people. JUMP is a demanding programme requiring:
- Attendance to the full online training programme
- Monthly calls with your tutor to discuss the latest developments, challenges and actions steps you need to make.
- Work and dedication on developing and structuring your idea so that it can be implemented at the end of the programme.
- Interim assignments such as drafting a clear project description, undertaking a market research, drafting communication and branding strategies, and a business plan.
- Participation in all the JUMP activities during the conventions (pitch sessions, speed-meetings, speakers on panels, holding a stand etc.)
- Light reporting on your progress to the JUMP team on a monthly basis.
- Drafting of a final report.
Selected participants will have the following costs kindly covered by the Creative Europe Programme
of the European Commission and the JUMP organisers:
- Coaching sessions
- Online training programme
- International travel costs in second class to all JUMP conventions
- Accommodation costs for all JUMP conventions
Not included: local transportation costs, transfer to the airports and personal expenses.
The deadline to submit your application is
1 February 7 February 2021, 24:00 CET. You can have an overview of the questions here. Applications will only be taken into consideration if submitted online via this application form. No applications via email or post will be considered.
The first selection results will be known on 9 February 2021. A group of pre-selected candidates will be invited to send further information on their idea by 15 February 2021, 12:00 CET. Please kindly pencil it down in your agenda.
The final selection results will be unveiled on the 1 March 2021. Please kindly note, that you will have four days to confirm your participation should you have been selected. If you do not respond within those four calendar days your spot will be offered to another applicant.